Types of personal assistant jobs
The term ‘personal assistant’ is a broad term referring to a range of positions. However, in general the term applies to any working professional who is hired to provide assistance to a specific individual.
This can include secretarial roles, out-of-office assistance and many other interesting vocations. PA jobs are very well paid and offer an excellent upward career trajectory. Many job openings can initially start as a personal assistant position, before the assistant moves up into more senior positions.
Where to find a personal assistant
Finding a qualified and capable personal assistant is best done through an agency. There are a variety of reasons why this is the case:
- Credibility: When hiring a PA through an agency, you can be confident in the credibility of each candidate. Recruitment agencies conduct rigorous checks and evaluations on candidates, so only the very best make it through.
- Efficiency: Recruiting can unfortunately drag on if it isn’t conducted by professionals. To avoid waiting around for weeks and months, go through an agency and you can usually expect results in a matter of days.
- Talent: A recruitment agency is far more capable of reaching the best candidates compared to a job posting online. Using their skills in recruiting, an agency can home in on the most talented candidates and curate a shortlist.
- Support: Recruitment is not an easy task, demanding a lot of expertise and know-how. When working with a recruitment agency, businesses can benefit from vital support and advice that can give them the edge over competitors.
- Responsibility: Handling recruitment on your own can be resource-intensive, diverting precious time and effort away from other areas of your company. A recruitment company will take care of everything from start to finish, sparing your business the effort.
How a personal assistant helps
Some business owners may be mulling over whether or not to hire a PA. In most cases, a personal assistant will be able to work wonders at your business. Some of the responsibilities of a PA include:
- Managing diaries and schedules
- First point of contact with clients
- Organising travel and events
- Offering insights and advice
- Answering phone calls
- Delegating tasks
- Preparing communications
There are so many tasks that a PA can perform for your business, many of which can make a dramatic difference.
Choosing the right personal assistant
As a PA plays an integral role in your business, it is important to hire the perfect fit for your company. How to choose the right personal assistant will depend heavily on what you are looking for.
In general, there are a number of important qualities to look for in a PA:
- Reliability: A personal assistant must be someone you can depend on to deliver. As so many vital responsibilities pass through them, they must be reliable. A PA needs to be on time and remain available for all responsibilities throughout the course of the day.
- Versatility: Personal assistants need to possess a wide range of skills to be successful. As there are so many different responsibilities to keep on top of, a top PA will possess a versatile skill-set that enables them to overcome everything that comes their way.
- Availability: Depending on your needs, you may want a personal assistant that is available to work on all occasions. A PA that is available to work across the day will be a valuable asset at your business.
- Communication: One of the main roles of a personal assistant is to be the first point of contact partners and clients meet. This means they are often representing you as an individual or a company, so it’s crucial they are presentable and skilled in communication.
- Intelligence: Many personal assistant roles demand a high degree of autonomy and initiative. This means your PA needs to have the intelligence to make decisions on the spot. Well-educated and trained personal assistants, or those with a strong track-record of high-performance, are likely to offer better decision making.
Searching for a PA
If your business is looking for a new personal assistant, Workers-Direct is the right agency to choose. We have decades of experience in the recruitment industry across a variety of sectors. With 1300+ clients and counting, we have consistently delivered on recruitment to help our clients thrive.
Finding a top personal assistant requires a lot of skill and industry know-how. Workers-Direct has successfully found PA’s for clients across many backgrounds, so we know what it takes.
With Workers-Direct you can expect:
- Rapid results
- Highest quality candidates
- Affordable pricing structure
- Advanced recruitment strategies
- Temp or permanent recruiting
- Close communication
- Bespoke recruitment approach
- Recruitment for you: We believe in adopting a recruitment strategy built around your business. Each of our recruitment campaigns are bespoke to your business to optimise results.
- Lifetime partners: We take pride in establishing strong long-term relationships with our clients. You can consider us a full-time business partner striving to help you succeed.
- 24/7 availability: Our team of experts are on hand at all hours of the day to deal with enquiries. This is especially important for our clients that need urgent solutions.
- Temp or permanent: Not many recruitment companies can provide both temporary and permanent solutions. We are able to do both expertly, so your business can hire whoever it needs on terms that suit you.
- No placement, no fee: As part of our guarantee, we offer a ‘no placement, no fee’ promise to our clients. If we aren’t able to find a suitable candidate for your job, you won’t have to pay a single thing.
- Top reputation: We have developed one of the top reputations in the recruitment industry over the years. Our clients are consistently happy with the high level solutions that we provide.
If you need expert recruitment services to help you find a personal assistant, get in touch with Workers-Direct today.